Sunday 18 January 2015

3 Casual Looks for January

So 2015 is here.

This year I wanted to try something new. I am an avid blog reader, so why not try to write my own?

I start this completely clueless. I have no idea what I am doing. All I hope is that the more posts I publish, the more I will learn.

Luckily, I have a boyfriend who has a nice camera and is quite good at taking photos, so that helps me out with blog posts like this one. I also bought myself my own camera. A Panasonic Lumix GF6 to be precise. I have heard some good things about this camera, and I feel it will be a good starter camera for me as a complete novice. You can find it here: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6. It is a compact system camera- perfect for taking out and about whilst still taking amazing quality photos.

I will keep you updated on how I get on with this camera. The photos on next weeks post will be taken on my camera.

Anyway, back to clothes. I went on a bit of a shopping spree after Christmas, and River Island was the shop that stood out. I find it quite hit and miss depending on season, but there was so much in there that I loved. I have styled the new pieces with some old favourites.

Outfit 1 - The Long Cardi

 
The boots were a bargain from Bicester Village. About £25 from £150, I couldn't not. I have been wanting a maxi cardigan for a long time, I just didn't think I could get away with it. I always imagine that maxi things are for tall girls and I'm just 5 foot 6. As this cuts half way down the calf I think it's super flattering and stylish. I love it!
 
Outfit 2 - The Cape
 
 
 
 
I got this cape for Christmas, and love it. It is so warm and perfect for one of those days where it is not cold enough for a coat, but you just need something to cover you up. The Topshop leggings are the most comfortable ever, and perfect for girls like me who are a bit belly conscious. They are quite high-waisted so tuck everything in.

 
 
Outfit 3 - The Zipped Jumper
 

Zip Jumper - River Island    Navy Jeggings - M&S    Boots as before
 
I am the sort of girl who wears a lot of black and grey. This navy and black outfit is something I'd wear to the pub on a Friday night, or on a day out shopping. It's simple and flattering. The jumper is sheer, so I wouldn't wear this to work, as I like to wear it without as top underneath as to not change the neckline.
 
 
So here we go. My First Blog Post. I am going to aim to do this weekly for now, and we'll see how it goes.
 
Thanks for taking a look, and I'll be back next Sunday.
 
Hollie x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollie Laura. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig