Sunday 25 January 2015

A sunny, cold Saturday

I find it very easy to do nothing at the weekend.

After a long week at work, sometimes all I want to do is lounge around in my pyjamas, watch YouTube videos and eat junk.

After my driving lesson this weekend, I was weirdly raring to get out and do something. So was he. So we did...

...Starting with some lunch. Watts Gallery is tucked away. You won't come across it, or know about it, unless you do a bit of research. It is near the picturesque village of Compton near Guildford. You can find it here:

Watts Gallery and Tea Rooms

We skipped the gallery part, and went straight to the tea rooms, with food being on the forefront of our minds (not unusual).






Earl Grey is my drink of choice. Milk and one lump of sugar.





After lunch, I was still not ready to go home.

I got on Google and searched 'things to do in Surrey'. The conclusion was Shere. Possibly the most English place I have ever been. It is so beautiful, it is almost too good to be true. It is also so close to my home, I am so happy I found it. Basically, it comprises of two pubs and a couple of shops.

On the way is one of the most breath taking views in England. (possibly? at least one of the most break taking views that I have ever seen).



 
 
 
Hopefully you can tell by my ropey old photography skills how amazing that view is. If not, I do recommend taking a stroll down there if you're nearby. I am keen to visit in the summer, picnic in hand/car boot.

Obligatory posey photos coming up...
 
 






 
Work it.
 

 
 
 
After the brief stop at Newlands corner, we made our way to Shere in search of a pub.
 
We found ducks first...
 
 
Who were very disappointed that we couldn't offer them any bread.
 


 
We went to the pub, and on the wall was a picture from the film 'The Holiday'. You know the one? It has Kate Winslet and Jude Law in it. Well it turns out it was filmed in Shere!
 
I'd love to say I drank a nice, girly drink, without 1000 calories in it. But I didn't. I had a pint of cider. Sorry Mum.
 
Now, I am determined to make a consistent effort with my Saturdays.
I had such a lovely day, and have come to the conclusion that the best days are when you don't have any set in stone plans, but discover new places to visit and new things to do along the way.
 
Until next week.
 
Hollie x
 



 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollie Laura. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig